quinta-feira, 3 de outubro de 2019

INSTEAD...









                                                       Instead...








          Just a line to tell you I'm living,
          That I'm not amongst the dead.
          Though I'm getting more forgetful
          And all mixed up in the head.
          I've got used to my arthritis
          To my dentures I am resigned
          I can now cope with my bifocals,
          But, oh! how I miss my mind.
          Sometimes I cannot remember
          When I'm standing by the stairs,
          If I'm going up for something;
          Or have just come down from there.
          And before the fridge so often
          My mind is all full of doubt;
          Now did I put some food away,
          Or just come to take some out?
          If its not my turn to write, dear
          I hope you will not get sore.
          I may think to you have written
          And don't want to be a bore.
          So, remember, I do love you
          And wished that you lived near
          But now its time to mail this
          And say "Good bye to my dear"
          I'm standing beside the mail box
          And my face, I know, it sure is red.
          In place of posting this to you
          I've opened the envelop instead.








Copyright 10/2019 Eugene Colin.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário