quinta-feira, 4 de julho de 2019

THE LAND OF LIBERTY!










                                                  The Land of Liberty!








   Fourth of July is the independence day of the United States of America. 
   There are celebrations of all sorts throughout the whole county... Parades, air shows, picnics, cook outs... Many people get together to celebrate their love for our land.
   Here, we celebrate our love, respect and admiration by these lines:

   
            I love my country's pine-clad hills,
            Her thousand bright and gushing rills,
            Her sunshine, and also her storms;
            Her rough and rugged rocks, that rear
            Their hoary heads high in the air
            In wild, loud fantastic forms.
            I love her rivers, deep and wide,
            Those mighty streams that seaward glide
            To seek the closest ocean's breast;
            Her smiling fields, her pleasant vales,
            Her shady dells, her flowery dales,
            The constant haunts of peaceful rest.
            I love her forests, dark and lone,
            For there the wild bird's merry tone
            I hear from morning until the night;
            And there are lovelier flowers, I ween,
            Than ever in Eastern lands were seen,
            In varied colors, all of them bright.
            Her forests and her valleys fair,
            Her flowers that scent the morning air
            All things have their charms for me;
            But more, I love my country's name,
            Those words that echo deathless fame,
            The Land of Liberty.





   

Copyright 10/2001 Eugene Colin

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário