sexta-feira, 14 de fevereiro de 2020

BE MY VALENTINE








                   Be my Valentine




   February 14 is Valentine's Day in the United States and several other countries. Many couples have dates, exchange gifts of many kinds. The important thing is to make your significant one understand how important he, or she, is in your life.
   Somewhere here, in our country, John Bacon was dating Belinda Apple for a few weeks. Knowing that "bacon" is something rejected by vegetarians, which he assumed she was, because of her name, trying to impress her, he wrote this poem to present her on their Valentine's Day date...


             Cabbage always has a heart;
             Green beans string along.             
             You're such a hot Tomato,             
             Will you Peas to me belong?             
             You've been the Apple of my eye,             
             You know how much I care;             
             So Lettuce get together,            
             We'd make a perfect Pear.             
             Now, something's sure to Turnip,             
             To prove you can't be Beet;             
             So, if you Carrot all for me             
             Let's let our tulips meet.             
             Don't Squash my hopes and dreams now,             
             Bee my Honey, dear;             
             Or tears will fill Potato's eyes,             
             While Sweet Corn lends an ear.             
             I'll Cauliflower shop and say             
             Your dreams are Parsley mine.             
             I'll work and share my Celery,             
             So be my Valentine.






Copyright 2/2009 Eugene Colin.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário