sábado, 23 de janeiro de 2016

GOODBYE










                   Goodbye




I hate to write to say goodbye,
I've tried to focus and not to cry
When then I saw you "moving" away...
Why are you leaving? Why can't you stay?

The dream I had of you and me,
the lovely couple that we would be,
the long strolls holding your hand,
our naked feet shaping the sand…
The nights we danced our lives away,
the church on Sunday, when our souls prayed,
the many times we laughed together
playing with words and things that matter,
the beauty of you, lighting my face,
our hearts connected, our fingers laced,
longing to be husband and wife
with you, my love, sharing my life,
was just a dream, sadly I'd say
but, one so real that, day by day,
I almost thought it could be true,
then, I "woke up", looking for you…
 




Copyright 9/2015 Eugene Colin.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário