sexta-feira, 14 de abril de 2017

TOO MUCH TO ASK?









                                      Too much to ask?








I'm not asking you to meet everyday
I could try & bare
When you are away...
All I need is just some care.
All I need is not to feel so much alone,
All I ask is a heart not hard as stone,
is to hear your voice over the phone...
All I need is to know you're fine
Is to know that you're mine,
to know that I'm in your heart,
even If we're going to stay for so long apart...
I'm not asking you to count every drop of rain! 
but, is to stop making me feel this pain...
I'm not asking you to count every particle of sand on the shore! 
All I need is to know that you love me from your very inner core,
is to know that I'm the only one you adore...
I'm not asking you to make the birds swim or the fish fly! 
All I need is not to hear the word 'Goodbye '
I'm not asking you to climb a mountain so high! 
Nor am I asking you to swim across the deepest sea! 
All I need is to show me that you love me...
I'm not asking you to walk a thousand mile! 
All I need is your very simple smile.
I'm not asking you to make the trees blue! 
All I need is to know that you're really true...
I'm not asking you for a diamond ring! 
All I need is a much humble thing
All that I seek is your attention,
all that I really need is some affection...
I'm not asking you for a princess dress! 
All I need is something much, much less
All I need is a gentle caress...
I'm not asking you for a castle of gold! 
I'm not asking you for more than you could posses! 
I need is not to feel foolish or old,
all I need is not to feel you're bored,
and not making me feel I'm ignored...
All I need is your gentle, kind word,
I won't want to fill like I'm your "third''...
I'm not asking you to make the year like it's longer! 
Please, don't make the week look much somber...
I'm not asking you to make the sun rise from the west! 
All I need is to sleep on your chest.
I want to hear from your heart every beat,
thus also making me feel I'm complete...

Is it too much to ask?





Copyright 3/2001 Eugene Colin

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário